On this episode of The Observatory, Michael Bierut and Jessica Helfand discuss the midterm election and currency design. Plus Jessica imitates a London cabbie, and Michael nails the pronunciation of our sponsor, MailChimp.
Also mentioned and worth looking at:
- The November 6, 2014, cover of Time featuring Mitch McConnell and Shepard Fairey’s response
- Travis Purrington’s redesign of the U.S. Dollar
- Snøhetta remakes Norwegian currency
- Norway’s new passport
- Marvin Heiferman on the slipperiness of photography at Paris Photo
- Jody Rosen on The Knowledge, London’s taxi test.
- Legible London